Sorry this is late, but between the volume of InfoSec news this week and the sadness of our pooch dying…well, better late than never.
- I really hate when a story, say like MR. ROBOT, becomes more true to life than fiction, but, yes, folks, “our democracy has been hacked.”Yet another trove of sensitive US voter records has leaked
- In that same vein, see screenshot…Equifax Hack: A timeline of events (P.S. Don’t sign their little ‘help us help you protect yourself contract.’)
- I know I’m a noob and all, but I understand that everything has vulnerabilities, especially if it connects to the internet. Protect your devices folks. Know the dealio. For reals. Bluetooth Security Flaws Impacting ‘Billions of Devices’ Come With Some Serious Caveats
- Even the almighty Google has bad days: Google suffered a meltdown as Gmail, Maps and YouTube went down
- Lastly, I’d like to say that there’s a certain man in Redmond, Wash. that is very lucky that I’m an ethical individual and didn’t take advantage of a errant email. Otherwise I’d be rocking a brand new phone. So, heads up to Tmobile customers. Make sure that the store computer cache’s are cleared after your information is inputted. Otherwise, someone not as ethical could receive an email and change the delivery address and other account information. Like ALL the account information. It’s a one-off situation, but a vulnerability all the same. You’re welcome, sir. Enjoy that new Samsung Galaxy 8.
As in weeks past, feel free to leave a comment here about any of those articles. Let’s learn from one another. Okay, have pity on the noob and let me learn from you.
Have another great week InfoSec geeks. See you next week.
Leave a Reply